<3

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

School, Music and Apple Crisp

Well kids I've managed to survive my first week of classes and I must say it's pretty intense. That being said, it's also a lot of fun, and a lot of information. In my first week I've started to learn Maya, Mudbox, and Softimage.

Creating 3D art is a huge change from traditional paper and pencil art, which is of course to be expected. I'm currently taking 6 classes which is a heavy load but it's not as bad as it sounds, most of the classes are there to blend what you've learned and show you how these programs work, and compliment each other. It's nice to really immerse myself fully into school and art. There's no joking around with this program, which is good because it shows us the reality of the business.

So aside from school I've also been baking, which always helps to clear my mind and de-stress, so I thought I would share with you one of my favorite recipes.



Apple Crisp.
This is best served warm a la mode.

2 cups Brown Sugar
2 cups Flour
3/4 cup Rolled Oats
1 cup melted Margarine
2 tsp Cinnamon
4 cups diced Apple
(you can add any fruit, I added blueberries and it turned out fantastic)
1 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 cup Water
1 tsp Vanilla

Thoroughly mix Brown Sugar, Flour, Oats, Margarine and Cinnamon; press 1/2 this mixture into greased pan (you can make with a 9x13 or it also fits into 3 loaf pans, of which you can freeze nicely). Cover with 4 cups Fruit. In saucepan, combine Sugar and Cornstarch. Stir in Water. Cook until clear and add Vanilla. Pour over Fruit. Top with remaining crumb mixture.

Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes. (If you use small loaf pans check after 45mins).

Serve warm with Vanilla ice cream. Caution sugar overload.


Well apparently it's bedtime as Jupiter has passed out beside me. But before I get to sleep I must link you to my new cover. http://love-squid.bandcamp.com/track/skinny-love-bon-iver-birdy-cover Enjoy.


No comments: