<3

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hayao Miyazaki

I love Hayao Miyazaki. I am almost satisfied leaving this blog entry with only saying that one statement. Does it really need to be explained? His work is tremendous. Every story he creates is just so beautiful. With his artwork accompanying his tales it really gives you a glimpse into his world. Can you imagine the dreams he has? Or having the privilege to peer into his sketch book? One could only dream.

I recently watched a movie directed by "Makoto Shinkai" who has been referred to as "The New Miyazaki." It must be such an honor to be given such a title. But I must agree that his films do carry that same emotion and art that Miyazaki films have.


I highly recommend the film "Hoshi o Ou Kodomo" also known as "Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below." It reminded me of a mix between 'Spirited Away' and 'Atlantis : The Lost Empire.'

You can check out the movie trailer for "Hoshi o Ou Kodomo" here


No comments: