<3

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting started

So I've continued to embrace my artistic side, and move from drawing onto painting, acrylics mostly. I can't believe how easily I can fall into a work of art and lose myself for a few hours and come out looking at a beautiful piece wondering just how I managed to put it together. I guess that's the beauty of art. It's just like reading a book, suddenly you find yourself in an out of body experience surrounded by a creation of someones mind. Since I've been teaching myself how to paint, I've found that using a reference photo helps best. I'm not so great with shading so it's really helped me learn.

Currently I'm working on a series of paintings. They are all the same size canvas, each with a famous scene from a Hayao Miyazaki film. His artwork and films are just so inspiring and beautiful. I love the classic animation and the amazing detail he uses to bring his art to life. So far I have 1 completed and 2 in the works. (My Neighbour Totoro, Howls Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke). I can't wait to finish them and start more.

No comments: