<3

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Letters

Does anyone write letters anymore? I've been meaning to write to my grandma, as she always sends me long handwritten letters ( sometimes its like decoding a language, with her handwriting :P ). Anyways, I was thinking about it last night, wondering what I would say etc. and I realized the reason I have yet to start it, is because hand writing a letter take so much more time and thought then typing one up.

Now on one hand typing up a letter is fast and efficient, you can't make any spelling mistakes, you can simply delete a sentence without any trace of it being there, and you can quickly add something in at any point. Yet with a typed up letter, its so impersonal. I feel like a typed up letter could be for anyone and the thought is lost in the perfect font.

When I grab a pencil and put it to a sheet of blank white paper, I get lost, my thoughts are taken from me and I don't know where to begin. Maybe it's from all the years in school where you sit there knowing your words will be marked and judged.

So I suppose I'll be sending a nice typed up letter, maybe I could do some artwork on the sides to make it more personal.

No comments: