<3

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Frozen Chocolate Mint Dessert



Alright, my step mom often sends me a recipe she will find, to see if I'm interested in coming over and making it. It works out well for me, because they get all the ingredients for me, and all I need to do is follow the recipe and enjoy the product. I also love baking and taking photos of the process and finished product so that's a great bonus.

So tonight I made 'Frozen Chocolate Mint Desserts' it was really quick and easy.

Prep: 7 mins | Serves 6

30g (about 8 individual) Chocolate wafers
1/4 tsp mint extract
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa
one whole can of fat-free aerosol whip cream
1/4 cup fat-free milk
2 pieces (per dessert) frozen 'After Eight' chocolate
2 Tbsp chocolate syrup (enough to drizzle)
6 Tbsp whip cream (to top dessert)

Line 6 muffin holes with foil muffin liners. ( I just used regular cupcake ones)

In a bowl combine wafers, extract, cocoa, whip cream, and milk. (Now it says to do this in a blender, which didn't work for me at all, so I would recommend crushing up the wafers, and using a hand beater). Blend until completely combined. Divide mixture among prepared muffin liners; freeze for at least 2 hours.

Just before serving, top each with chopped mint patties (After Eights), 1 tsp chocolate syrup, and 1 Tbsp whip cream.

Notes: This easy chocolate dessert can be made in several flavours. For a pure chocolate treat, replace mint extract with chocolate or vanilla extract and swap the mint patties for mini chocolate chips.

(I got this recipe from Weight Watchers Weekly)

1 comment:

A Place to Indulge said...

I am going to try these over the holidays!